It’s easy to neglect yourself when life gets busy. And let’s be honest, life is pretty hectic most of the time. When I first started Sugar & Vice I would 16-hour days and stress myself silly about Every.Little.Thing.
Then one day I realised that I had to make a point of making good habits part of my daily life. The first thing I did was join a Pilates class.
I used to struggle to motivate myself to get out of bed in the morning to exercise, but I took the decision to simply make it part of my routine and just got up every morning, put on my exercise clothes and got in my car, without thinking about it.
Now, two years later, it is part of my life to do Pilates three times a week. In fact, I can’t imagine going without it now. I also like to make time for a soak in the bath, though not so much anymore with the water shortages, so now I lie down on my bed or the couch and just be still with my thoughts for a few minutes – meditation, if you will.
But I have learned that it is also important to take regular, small breaks during the working week so I take breaks to read interesting books, listen to podcasts and snack on something healthy. Once a month (at least) we head for the hills… and take a hike! There are few things as revitalising as a walk in a beautiful place.
These are some of my tried-and-tested wellness tricks, but we want to help you unwind too, which is why we have a great giveaway celebrating YOU.
We’ve put together a wonderful Wellness Pack containing a stunning selection of goodies to encourage you on the well-being journey (and to just make it nicer!). What’s more, everything in the Wellness Pack is made or provided by female entrepreneurs in Cape Town. Let’s have a ‘hell yeah!’ for both the ladies and for taking it eeea-sy!
We’re celebrating YOU this month with a wonderful WELLNESS giveaway.
The stunning Wellness Pack includes:
Royale SA: Pomegranate beauty oil & Le Joie Senteur Soy fragrance candle
- Mint Pilates Wellness Studio: 1 Month mat Pilates package for 1 class per week
- Leanne van den Berg Biokineticist: Deep tissue sports massage
- Mint Beauty: Wash cut and blow dry
- Sugar & Vice: 3 x new quote mugs
Hallo Jane: A sterling silver king Protea necklace
Enter on Facebook here.
Terms & Conditions of the give-away- Competition closes 28 June 2017 midnight
- Winner announced 30 June 2017 on this post & we will send a DM to the winner on FB
- Products cannot be sold or exchanged
- The competition is only open for Cape Town residents, as the beauty treatments and Pilates sessions is in Durbanville.
- Directors, members, partners, employees, consultants, promoters directly or indirectly involved may not win the prize.
- Suppliers of the goods may not win the prize.
- The winner(s) will be chosen at random, using random.org